Monday 4 February 2019

Media Monday: Bib Clip

I finally had the chance this weekend to go through some of my photos and videos so you actually get some posts with colour this week! Or as much colour as a black and white horse gives ;-)

For the record, this is one reason why I don't have more pictures,
blurry pawing photos are more common than ones where she stands nicely 

I have no story to go along with clipping because I didn't clip myself. Kachina started getting very sweaty during rides and she had little patience with standing in her stall to dry off. My jump instructor had clipped half the other horses in the barn and I asked her if she would do Kachina too. I have zero regrets about fully outsourcing that job and just writing a cheque. I told her about Kachina's issues with standing, told her she hadn't been clipped before, and told her to just do what she could, I would be happy to pay for multiple sessions if required. S assured me that she had done lots of first clips on horses before and would take it slow and give lots of breaks. I was happy to leave her to do it.

Full coat sweatiness

Much dryer after a run when clipped

Plan A was to do a trace clip but S just did a bib clip to start because Kachina was very ticklish on her belly and was starting to get impatient. The bib clip is making her much easier to cool off already so we are sticking with that for the time being.

The end result

7 comments:

  1. She looks cute with her clip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think the extra lines make her look a little busier than normal but I'm slowly getting used to it.

      Delete
  2. She looks good with her clip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely wouldn't have looked as nice if I had done it myself lol

      Delete
  3. Lookin good!! I use the same style clip for my horse too bc it gets the hair off the area where he sweats the most (his neck and shoulders) without taking everything off unnecessarily, which helps with blanketing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie looks like he has much more hairless belly than Kachina though, but I agree that I like keeping some hair for outside

      Delete
  4. She’s looking great!! I love how much easier it is to cool them out when they’re clipped :)

    ReplyDelete