Thursday 7 September 2017

So Behind

Sorry for the couple weeks of radio silence. I have so much to write about but not enough time to write it! So here are some super quick recaps:


Angel Glacier on Mount Edith Cavell in Jasper National Park

Horse: I looked at media, decided I had to do a hard reset on myself to stop my leaning/pulling habit in it's tracks, took a clinic, did some serious thinking about what I need in a trainer and what I am now capable of by myself, figured out that Kachina was getting a bit herdbound which initially bummed me out but then I made and implemented plans to tackle that head-on, got some posture help, had some great field canters. This weekend I am going trail riding in the Cypress Hills which has been a long-time dream so yay! Then Sept 16th I am signed up for a small dressage show which I don't feel prepped for so eek!

Our easy hike

One of the 7 lakes we visited, all had crystal clear water
A very scenic walk to the washrooms through our campground

Life: I really can't complain about the weather here considering everything going on elsewhere (my thoughts go out to all affected by the wildfires, floods and hurricanes), but the heat and smokiness has made me hide inside some days. At work, my boss quit out of the blue so things have been crazy and are likely to remain so for the forseeable future. I had a wonderful week's vacation in Jasper camping, hiking and canoeing with friends, which also included a proposal from my SO and a "yes" from me (don't worry, this blog won't be turning into a wedding blog or anything like that, but wedding planning is taking up some of my blogging time). For anyone wondering, yes, I did consider the horse show schedule when deciding on a wedding date ;-)

Not the actual proposal moment, but a photo of us at one of my favorite hidden lookout points

A massive blue reservoir we passed on the way home

7 comments:

  1. Congrats!! :D Excited to see pics from your cypress ride too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the engagement. The trail ride sounds fun. I tried to sign up for a pack ride this year and missed out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I have always wanted to spend more time in the rockies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That place looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many good things. Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on the engagement!

    ReplyDelete