Monday 18 June 2018

This Horse Guys

My first show of 2018 is in the books! We spent the weekend in Claresholm for the Chinook Country Bronze Summer Dressage Show. It was a busy couple days, showing at Training Level, debuting at First Level(!) and participating in a mini-clinic with the judge.

I was probably overly optimistic a month ago when I sent in entries; we'd done a lot of good training over the winter and I was excited to put it to the test, but this past month was not an ideal prep period for showing. I was so busy with show organizing/wedding/honeymoon/work that I really didn't get out to the barn enough and when I did I had to spend the time working with Kachina on some herdbound ground issues instead of actual dressage (related post in the works). 

Despite the lack of prep, rain, wind, and a sloppy warm-up, Kachina really stepped up and was a champ! I'll do a more detailed show recap later, but I wanted to take today to just really appreciate this wonderful mare of mine. This horse has such a good work ethic. She lets me know when she isn't sure about something, be it my aids or the ground, but she doesn't have any quit in her. If you show her the way, she'll do her best, every time. She showed me that multiple times this weekend.

I know Kachina can't read this post but I hope she knows how much I appreciate her by how many times I told her "good girl!" and by how many cookies I stuffed her face with this weekend =-). Thanks Kachina!

<3 <3 <3

5 comments:

  1. Yay for a good show and also a good horse 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw yay!! congrats on a great week, looking forward to more details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome! Congrads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooohooo! Congrats on a great show -- and it's ALWAYS a great show when you come home feeling on cloud nine with your horse <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the good show. I love when they really step up to the partnership and you can tell that they are in it for you. :)

    ReplyDelete