Thursday 28 February 2019

My Wish List

My company's profit sharing plan is finally going to have a payout this year. 2018 was the first year in 5 years where we made enough money to trigger a bonus. It won't be life-changing money but I am excited for a little extra cash in the near future and of course I am already plotting horse related things to do with it. I absolutely cannot buy or do all the things so I will have to make some tough decisions, but for fun, here are some of the things I am dreaming of:

New Bridle

The Micklem is no longer working for us and my only other bridle is a hand me down that really doesn't fit Kachina well so this is high on the list. Of course bridles have a huge price range so do I get something cheaper but serviceable so I still have money for other fun things or do I get a bridle to rule all bridles? Bridle shopping will likely have a whole separate post

Gold Shows

This doesn't satisfy my grabby hands or give me instant gratification the way a purchase would, but I have avoided gold rated dressage shows in the past for financial reasons and I could put this money towards a larger show fund for 2019. Part of me thinks this would be a great use of the money as it would give me a great goal to work towards in my riding. However, on the other hand, a show is only one weekend (which may go badly), but a saddle pad is forever ;-)

Saddle Pads/Matchy Matchy Stuff

I have a saddle pad addiction and this would be a purely indulgent purchase. Btw, I discovered the group Saddle Pads Anonymous on FB and it is amazing! Some contenders:

Back on Track navy saddle pad
- A nice navy pad (which would match my existing fly hood) plus potential cold back relief in one!


Equestrian Stockholm Ice Blue
- a brand I discovered on FB page, this saddle pad plus this jacket plus this ear net plus these polos. (update, since first starting this post they are already sold out of this shade but I have some feelers out for used ones)


PS of Sweden Emerald
- This pad plus matching accessories, I have always been partial to a nice deep green

Saddle Pad Monogram Emerald Dressage



Ogilvy Baby Blue
https://www.ogilvyequestrian.com/en/store/product/dressage-profile-pad
Image result for ogilvy baby blue dressage


BR Event Dressage Pad

You may notice a trend of pale blue here, that is because I think it will go amazing with Kachina's eyes.


These are some of the top possibilities but I actually have a bunch of browser tabs open at the moment showing so many different pretty pads and I am still far from making up my mind.

Matching riding shirts - I don't normally ride with boots or polos on Kachina so matching shirt to saddle pad is key!

Technology

Trailer Camera

Horse Fitness Tracker - Equisense, Equestic or equivalent. I like the design of the Equestic, but I'm not great at always wearing my human fitness tracker so I have to ask myself if I would really use the horse one enough to benefit from it.

https://www.equestic.com/


Pixio or Soloshot Camera


Breeches

I currently have 5 pairs of breeches that fit: 1 pair are my show whites, 1 black riding tights, 1 green winter breeches, 1 fun fox head full seats, and 1 brown knee patch breeches. This is workable but since some of them are specialized I would really benefit from one more pair of multi-purpose (everyday plus clinic) breeches in a conservative colour. Bonus if breeches match saddle pads etc. I also could use a second pair of show breeches especially since I mostly compete in two-day shows. I don't want to buy too many breeches though because I do hope to lose weight eventually. 

My brown breeches are Horze Grand Prix and those are by far my favourite pair so this is likely the style I would go with.



Blankets


Horseware Blanket Liners - I appreciate some other blogger reviews and I think adding a liner would make my blanket collection more flexible and versatile especially now that I'm clipping.

Education

I already devote a fairly large budget to becoming a better rider, but some extras I could buy would be

Mane Event clinic with Jaimey Irwin

Mary Wanless Books or DVDs

Other educational books or videos


What would you get if you were me?

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the bonus!! That’s an exciting nice little chunk of surprise change at the end of the year and worth doing something fun with !! Unless you’re Charlie or my truck and feel like you need to coordinate some minor catastrophe with the pay out so that no such fun can happen ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never go wrong with back on track stuff IMO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! Honestly, having had a year off from showing and clinics, I'd put some money to an experience you maybe couldnt afford otherwise, rather than all the things. Love the light blue saddle pads though, they'd look stunning on her! It sounds like a decent bridle might be a good investment too!

    ReplyDelete