|Happy Easter! This was the pysanka I made this year|
I posted my 2016 goals here, but I've decided to start making Quarterly goals as well. I've seen a few other bloggers take that approach and it seems to work well. A year is a long time to look ahead and know what challenges you'll be working through, and on the other hand, monthly goals are tough if you're not riding 5 days a week.
So, my Q2 (April-June) Goals Are:
1. Kachina dentist appt.
- this goal should be easy to achieve, the equine dentist is scheduled for April 1st.
2. Kachina vet check and vaccinations
- no serious concerns, but she's due for her annual check-up this spring
3. Kachina chiropractor appt.
- I've mentioned before my concerns that something is off with Kachina's poll, I've found a local chiropracter but she didn't work in unheated barns in the winter so now that spring is coming I need to book
4. Scribe at CDI
- I'm already on the list to scribe at the June CDI/Gold show in Calgary. I'm extra excited about it because it was just announced that it will be a qualifier for the Rio 2016 Olympics!
5. Hit 63% on a test at a show
- I have 3 shows scheduled for this quarter. I got 61% at my last show, so I want to improve that by at least a couple percent. I'll be happy with a 63% at any level (walk/trot or training)
|My goals are score based, not placings based,|
but I wouldn't object to more satin...
6. Show all training level tests
- I have 3 shows scheduled for this quarter. So far I've only shown at Walk/Trot and Training 1. I want to show Training 2 and 3 to get feedback on them before the recognized shows later in the season.
7. Trail ride somewhere new
- I love the fields and road by the barn, but I want to explore some new terrain. I might haul to my friend's barn to trail ride with her there. Another option I've been looking into is public land in the area with some coulee hills to climb - I've found a couple places that look like they allow access for horses.
8. Go fast on open ground
- my usual trail partner is most comfortable at the walk, and I'm fine with that, but I want to speed across the open fields at least once before the crops are planted.
9. Be confident in canter transitions
- this ties in pretty closely with goals 5. and 6., training level requires canter transitions that don't look like a giraffe.
10. Get consistently straight halts
- I feel like this is relatively easy to work on and so I should stop throwing away points here. Square halts would be even better, but I'll settle for straight.
11. Get a lesson
- I bought a headset that I think will work for Skype lessons, so I'll either try that or haul somewhere for a lesson at least once this quarter.
|Scary eyeless horse coming to attack out of the darkness!|